Friday, May 1, 2009

Almost all the store data in the My Documents folder

Almost all the store data in the My Documents folder. This folder is a folder of a standard computer to store our various documents. There is a tips so that we can save the data that is inside the My Documents folder, the loss of data so that we can avoid as early as possible.

Please note that the location of 'original folder' from the My Documents is in the C: \ Documents and Settings \ Username \ My Documents. You can right-click mengeceknya through the My Documents folder and select Properties. Note the box on the Target Folder Location, disitulah actual My Documents data is stored.

Storing data in the actual location is less safe, why?. If an error when the machine we (can not go to Windows for example) so that there is no way to fix our computers except with the Windows format, so difficult for us to save data in My Documents as the location is in C, and so do the Windows format automatically all the data in My Documents' will be lost '. Format is the same with Windows remove 'all data' in the drive / partition C.

Is still able to be saved, among others, copy the My Documents folder to another drive (such as drive D, E etc.) through DOS, or move it through the coffee disk (hard drive installed on our computers of others), but the ways of making enough above for us. There is a trick so that we can save data in My Documents with the move from the target location of My Documents to another partition, eg D, E and so on.


Quite easy to do, namely:

- Right click on Start and select Explore
- At the partition / drive other than C (eg in the drive / partition D), create a new folder with the name Dataku (or other name as you)
- Right-click on the My Documents folder and select Properties
- Click the Move .... In the box that appears, find the folder you created earlier. If you have, click OK - OK. I appear in the box, click Yes.

You can check:
The contents of the folder My Documents folder = Content Dataku (on the drive / partition D)

Thus, if an error when your computer so that should be in Windows format, all data Document akan My congratulations for no longer stored on drive C, but has been moved to drive D.

This is especially important considering many people do who have lost data that is located in My Documents in Windows format performed. Tips if you do this, then the incident will not be like before you overwrite the.


Description:

Windows-format is the process to reinstall Windows, in other words you replaced Windows with the new 'in total'
- Drive / Partition is the division of the location of hard drive for data storage in computers. If you open Windows Explorer, then usually akan seen any posts (C), (D), (E) and so forth. Sections are useful for 'split' the location of our data storage. Unless the drive / partition to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, drive / partition is not working to save the data, but serves to fragment the CD / DVD.

No comments: